ANGLETON

When a vacant house in the 20 block of North Ranch House Loop caught fire Sunday afternoon, neighbors David and Sharon Dennis alerted the owner and began watering down the blaze until first responders from the Angleton Fire Department arrived on the scene.

The neighbors smelled smoke, and saw the top of the roof was in flames, which began working their way down the side of the house, David Dennis said. Most of the roof is gone.

As of 6:30 p.m. firefighters from Angleton and Lake Jackson Fire Departments remained on the scene. A Facts reporter is on the scene and more information will be provided as it becomes available.

Alexandra Golden is a reporter for The Facts. Contact her at 979-237-0151.

Recommended for you

(0) entries

Sign the guestbook.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.