ANGLETON — Several families lost most of their possessions in a fire that blazed through a building at the Lea Villa townhomes complex.

“There was a lady who warned us,” said Amanda Hoopengarner, who lived in the building with her husband, Jason. “I don’t know who she was, I don’t know if she was a neighbor, but if it wasn’t for her, I don’t think we would have gotten as much stuff out. We had enough warning to get out, to tell my daughter to get her animals out.”

Recommended for you

(0) entries

Sign the guestbook.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.