Drew Ryder spent the better part of 33 years building On the River restaurant in Freeport, and more recently, Swamp Shack in Lake Jackson. While the latter is doing OK, it’s been a hard struggle because of COVID-19 — and On the River is lucky to still be open, he said.
featured top story
- Local cornea donor’s family connects with Florida recipient
- Angleton sets to work on Livable Center ideas
- Memorial Hermann moves Life Flight base to Angleton
- Surfside declines variance on home height despite approved permits
- Updates for April 15, 2021
- Wrestlers a step away from state
- Lady Dogs enjoy big day at Area
- Brazoswood has some hopefuls in track and field
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.